Thursday, December 17, 2009

Group Project Participation Report

My group presented on the controversial Bret Easton Ellis novel, "The Rules of Attraction." In constructing on our method of presentation, I had a critical role in its organization and execution. For one thing, I gathered my group-members' emails ahead of time and maintained an updated thread as to the progress and timing of our presentation. I initiated out-of-class group meeting and spear-headed discussion as to how we should present the book and what in-class activity best suited our goals. I helped create 6 poignant questions for our in-class slide show presentation and did a major overhaul on our power-point presentation, fixing grammatical errors and adding pages and questions. I also took a considerable amount of time scanning videos that would be pertinent to our discussion questions. In class, I orchestrated class discussion through our power point and added further insights and questions regarding the text with quotes from Friedrich Nietzshe. Before our presentation, I read the book twice and watched the movie twice. I also read literary criticisms using the CSUN Library website, specifically project MUSE, to obtain further background regarding. Altogether I would say that our group presentation was a major success—we seemed to have sparked a veritable amount of class-discussion. While reviewing concepts and connections made earlier by the professor, we were still able to take the text into new fields of questioning. If I could change one thing, I would more carefully organize the time each team member spent asking questions, as some talked less than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment